Gahnak Falls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gahnak Falls

Ultima Online Free Shard

HomeRegisterPortalLatest imagesSearchLog in

A Few Declarations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alystenia
Admin
Admin
Alystenia

A Few Declarations Empty
PostSubject: A Few Declarations   A Few Declarations Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Here is an updated list. I added it to the previous list as well but I wanted to be sure everyone read it. Other updates will be added to the previous posting as they become available. Thank you.

UPDATED--Added a countdown for reboots to the shard for players convenience.

Reworked some of the old armors and weapons to suit the new improvements on the shard.

Health issues upon reboots fixed. <when rebooting the shard some players had problems with health being very low and had to heal in order to max out>

New and Improved fishing system that will allow players to raise fishing over 100.

Added a hunger and thirst system. Seems this may have been the issue for the health problem or partially the problem.

Now on to the main reason for this post. I am aware that some are upset about the shard being down for upgrading, revamping, wiping...whatever you wish to call it. But it is something that was deemed necessary.

I chose to handle this by myself because I am the one with my hands in the server. Dramin has only helped as much as I will allow him to help this does not mean he nor Xavros are any less important in this shard reorganization. Infact quite the opposite. But hence why it is taking so long. In other words, this downtime is so long because I, one person, chose to handle the majority of this undertaking on my own. You may ask why. That answer is simple. I am the person responsible for the upkeep of this shard, I am the person who dilly's and dally's in the scripts, I am the person who, when not sick or have other real issues arise am here the majority of the time helping the players. There are somethings, of course, that I know nothing about due to the fact that I am not a "player" persay and the players here may have to wait for Dramin or Xavros for help. This is why we are a good team. What one doesn't know about there is always another in our staff who does. With this being said I hope it has clarified a few things. Yes, I could have made this post sooner, but, to be honest I wanted to get a few of the major issues out of the way to see if I could handle them more or less on my own. I have achieved that goal and now is the appropriate time for this post.

Continuing, we have one of the best player rosters of any shard I have seen. Everyone here is awesome, genuine and respectful of each other. Some good people have been banned for not following rules, some good people have come and gone for their own reasons, unfortunately that is normal in all shards. I hate to lose anyone no matter what but I hope to make clear also with this post that from here on out certain rules and certain issues will not be handled with as much leniency as before. In other words, I, myself will make my own gut decisions about things without debating for days before actions or consequences are handed out. Rules will not change just how I handle them will change on some levels.

In a previous post Dramin explained what will and will not happen to each player character with this shard downtime. Those are locked in stone. They will not be changed for anyone. Each player will be given exactly what is stated. No more, no less. These are more than fair and reasonable. I understand that reworking a character is no fun. I been there and done it before myself but again, just to be clear, regardless, nothing will be changed from Dramin's post.

Finally, I do appreciate the patience and support we have received through the past year as we have strived to make things here better for everyone. I appreciate past staff as well as present staff who have stood behind me and past and present players as I have made errors, tried to fix them and worked to try and make our home how it needs to be. I have a long way to go before i will be good at this so without a doubt I am sure the future will hold some changes. But I also feel I have come a long long way since the day Gahnak Falls first opened. I love you all very much and I don't just say that because I feel I have to or because I feel it's expected. I truly do care about you all.....if i didn't I wouldn't do this....trust me sometimes the headache makes me question if it's worth the hassle LOL....everyone have a great day

Love,
Aly
Back to top Go down
https://gahnakfalls.forumotion.com

A Few Declarations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gahnak Falls :: Shard Information-
Jump to: